Saturday, November 22, 2008
We are on break from our normal routine this next week. It is Thanksgiving week, the kids are off from school & I had to find something for them to do. So we are going to clean house! Since I became the coordinator of the Mom2Mom ministry at my church our house has definitely suffered. So, I pulled out my notebook of cleaning zones & began to make a list of what all we need to get done.
I love using Flylady's system to cleaning & keeping up with chores & evenly distributing them out.
Another place I have found some good charts to help organize chores & events is Donna Young.org
Some ways I have found to help motivate my kids to clean the house are...
~write all the jobs on slips of paper. Fold them twice & put them in a bucket of jar. Everyone draws one out & when they have finished the job they bring it to me to inspect the job. If it is satisfactory they get to draw another one out. Who ever draws out the most jobs & finishes them gets a prize.
~For quick clean up jobs, give everyone an area to clean & set the timer. Once again, who ever gets done first gets a prize.
~To get a really dirty room clean divide the room up into smaller sections. Set the timer & see how much they can get done before the timer goes off. Also, help them clean. This gives you a chance to spend some time with your child & help them.
I found some websites that I thought were helpful.
I have learned that one of the most important things I can do for our children is to teach them how to clean & organize. Your future daughter-in-laws & your future son-in laws will love you for it!!
Friday, November 21, 2008
We have once again, experienced a very difficult month financially as my husbands' business just sits with no activity. I have my list of things that I have asked the Lord for. They are not frivilous things. They are basic. Money for the electric & phone bill. Money for groceries. Things like that. When my prayers were not being answered I began to grumble. I couldn't understand why God was not providing the money to take care of these things.
In the midst of my grumbling, He was taking care of us. Just not like I thought he would. So, I decided to make a list of how I have seen the Lord answer our prayer for provision.
1. The church had a dinner, tons of food was left over & we took enough food home to feed 12 people for 3-4 days.
2. An unknown lady brings lots of day old bread to the church for who ever wants it, I took home enough bread to fill my freezer.
3. New friends at church gave us 4 giant bags of clothes for the boys. All in excellent condition.
4. I went to a MOPS sale & was able to get enough clothes for Gracie & Sam for the whole Fall/Winter for only $125.
5. A friend gave us a 27" TV that works great.
6. A friend gave us a sofa & 2 chairs in good condition to replace the furniture we had that was falling apart.
7. Another friend gave us a big dresser & a sofa.
8. The Mom2Mom leadership group had a picnic & had tons of brisket left over, we took 2 1/2 briskets home & froze some for later.
9. Tenents moved out of a rent house & left a trampoline, that we took home. Now the kids can play in the backyard.
10. I sold grain that I had thought I would mill for flour, but decided I wouldn't use it. Made $50 & able to buy Scott a birthday gift.
11. 2 friends who were sensitive to the Spirit's leading each gave me a check that together will pay the electric bill.
12. The girl in the Starbucks drive-through window thanked me for being so nice to her, little did she know that she was a huge encouragement to me.
O'k, that gives you an idea of what all the Lord has done & I just didn't see it as his gifts to us. We still have other needs, but I know that my God is faithful & will meet all our needs according to His glorious riches.
What are your blessings? Name them one by one!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
I wanted to share with you about a conference that I think every mother should go to at least once.
Sally Clarkson is a wife, mother of 4, author, blogger, & international speaker. Her message is timeless & genuine as she shares her heart concerning God's plan for the family. Click on the links below for more information about registration. The earlier you register the cheaper the price is.
WholeHearted Mother Conferences 2009
Plan now to come to one of Sally's 2009 WholeHearted Mother Conferences. The theme this year is Smiling at the Future with Faith ~ Building Your Heart and Home on Solid Foundations. Guest speakers will include Sandra Maddox, Rachael Carman, Zan Tyler, and Sarah Clarkson. Register today!
♥ Register Online now:
January 23-24: Charlotte, NC / Church at Charlotte
February 6-7: Irvine, CA / Crowne Plaza Irvine
February 20-21: Irving, TX / Dallas Marriott Las Colinas
♥ Register by Phone: 888-488-4466 (M-Th, 9-3:30) or 719-488-4466
♥ Register by Mail: Printable (PDF) mail-in forms are available for download on each event page.
Join us for the special two-day conference designed especially for Christian mothers, now in its 11th year of ministering to moms. This year, in a time of faith-challenging uncertainty, Sally's heart is to give moms the ability to "smile at the future" like the Proverbs 31 mother. You heart will be strengthened and encouraged for the life of trust and faith to which God has called you in raising wholehearted children at home. The conference also includes inspiring guest speakers, practical workshops, inspirational worship, and more.