Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cleaning fairie please report in at noon.


We are on break from our normal routine this next week. It is Thanksgiving week, the kids are off from school & I had to find something for them to do. So we are going to clean house! Since I became the coordinator of the Mom2Mom ministry at my church our house has definitely suffered. So, I pulled out my notebook of cleaning zones & began to make a list of what all we need to get done.


I love using Flylady's system to cleaning & keeping up with chores & evenly distributing them out.
Another place I have found some good charts to help organize chores & events is Donna Young.org

Some ways I have found to help motivate my kids to clean the house are...
~write all the jobs on slips of paper. Fold them twice & put them in a bucket of jar. Everyone draws one out & when they have finished the job they bring it to me to inspect the job. If it is satisfactory they get to draw another one out. Who ever draws out the most jobs & finishes them gets a prize.
~For quick clean up jobs, give everyone an area to clean & set the timer. Once again, who ever gets done first gets a prize.
~To get a really dirty room clean divide the room up into smaller sections. Set the timer & see how much they can get done before the timer goes off. Also, help them clean. This gives you a chance to spend some time with your child & help them.

I found some websites that I thought were helpful.

Home-Ec 101
Declutter It
Creative Homemaking
Homemaking Organized
Christian-Mommies

I have learned that one of the most important things I can do for our children is to teach them how to clean & organize. Your future daughter-in-laws & your future son-in laws will love you for it!!

No comments: