What are you grateful for? For many of us it is easy to make that list. But for others, it may not be so easy.
We have once again, experienced a very difficult month financially as my husbands' business just sits with no activity. I have my list of things that I have asked the Lord for. They are not frivilous things. They are basic. Money for the electric & phone bill. Money for groceries. Things like that. When my prayers were not being answered I began to grumble. I couldn't understand why God was not providing the money to take care of these things.
In the midst of my grumbling, He was taking care of us. Just not like I thought he would. So, I decided to make a list of how I have seen the Lord answer our prayer for provision.
1. The church had a dinner, tons of food was left over & we took enough food home to feed 12 people for 3-4 days.
2. An unknown lady brings lots of day old bread to the church for who ever wants it, I took home enough bread to fill my freezer.
3. New friends at church gave us 4 giant bags of clothes for the boys. All in excellent condition.
4. I went to a MOPS sale & was able to get enough clothes for Gracie & Sam for the whole Fall/Winter for only $125.
5. A friend gave us a 27" TV that works great.
6. A friend gave us a sofa & 2 chairs in good condition to replace the furniture we had that was falling apart.
7. Another friend gave us a big dresser & a sofa.
8. The Mom2Mom leadership group had a picnic & had tons of brisket left over, we took 2 1/2 briskets home & froze some for later.
9. Tenents moved out of a rent house & left a trampoline, that we took home. Now the kids can play in the backyard.
10. I sold grain that I had thought I would mill for flour, but decided I wouldn't use it. Made $50 & able to buy Scott a birthday gift.
11. 2 friends who were sensitive to the Spirit's leading each gave me a check that together will pay the electric bill.
12. The girl in the Starbucks drive-through window thanked me for being so nice to her, little did she know that she was a huge encouragement to me.
O'k, that gives you an idea of what all the Lord has done & I just didn't see it as his gifts to us. We still have other needs, but I know that my God is faithful & will meet all our needs according to His glorious riches.
What are your blessings? Name them one by one!