Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 4 of Prayer Challenge; Praying for his Sexuality

I have had a really hard time waking up this week.  Our school is over for the summer & my mom ministry is taking a break, so I guess I settled into lazy mode.  But, this morning I woke up early & was feeling so excited because I just knew I would finally get not just my prayer time in, but my Bible Study also before anyone woke up.  About the time I got my coffee and sat down at my desk guess who came flying into my room at 7:30?  Yes, that is right, my sweet little Sam; the wild little 2 1/2 yr old.  He never wakes up this early!

Needless to say, I didn’t get my prayer time in at all.  I did read the chapter though for today, Praying for his Sexuality.  Stormie wastes no time in getting down to business in having us pray for the biggie’s in our husband’s life.  This topic may seem uncomfortable to some of us to discuss, but it is very important to God.  He wrote about it in several places in the scriptures.  Read the book of Song of Solomon, it only has 8 chapters.  1 Corinthians 7 & Proverbs 5 are another good place to start.  God designed your husband with needs that only you can fill.  I hope that as you pray for your husband in this area that you will be available to God in meeting these needs.

I have some other resources to recommend to you today instead of a post.

Creative Counterpart by, Linda Dillow (specifically chapter 10, Creative Lover)

She writes;

Remember, special times together are important and cannot be stressed enough, but the most important thing is your attitude.  Does your husband know you are available and excited about him as your lover?  God gave him to you as your beloved and our friend.  Let him in on the secret!

Reading Your Male; An Invitation to Understand and Influence Your Man’s Sexuality by Mary Farrar (wife of Steve Farrar)

This is a great book!  I highly recommend it.  Mary writes concerning understanding our husbands sexuality;

Men are encoded from conception to process their emotions in a fundamentally different way than women.  And this is by God’s purposeful design.  When a man’s natural propensity is combined with a healthy ability to express and identify feelings, he becomes a powerful force for good in this world.  His wiring becomes an asset and a gift, enabling him to rise to his manly calling and to accomplish the tasks that God has designed him to do.

Consider the blessing of God’s innate wiring of our men:

  • A man’s wiring enables him to separate out his feelings.
  • A man’s role of protection and provision requires that he submerge his feelings.
  • The sex act itself an emotional expression for a man, and when he is healthy emotionally, it draws him into intimacy.

Amy, the author of this prayer challenge, has written a great post concerning today’s chapter.  Read her new challenge at Dandelion Seeds and her thoughts concerning this chapter are here.

 

The Generous Wife has great tips daily on how to love on your husband.  You can subscribe & receive these daily tips in your inbox.  They are short & sweet, but very meaningful to your husband.

Today’s tip is;

I don't know what it is about baked goodies that blesses the soul, but they can make anyone's day a little nicer.  So bake up and serve your husband a nice batch of warm cookies or some good bread (or whatever he likes).

Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts! James Beard

Be generous!  Lori <><

 

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, when we pray for our husbands, our hearts are changed and we begin to view our husband in a whole new way.  Your husband may notice a change in you and respond in a delightful way.  Get ready. :)

 

No comments: