Monday, June 22, 2009

Prayer Challenge Day 13; Praying for His Trials

If you started this prayer challenge the first of June, you should actually be in chapter 20, His Attitude.  I am behind again because of leaving my book at my mothers house.  But, I have kept up with Amy’s blog and have continued to pray for my husband. 

If you are just now beginning the 30 day’s of prayer for your husband, WELCOME!  I pray you are very blessed.

I’m posting today on chapter 13, Praying for his trials.

We have lived in a season of trials so long that I can barely remember a time when we were not experiencing some type of trial.  God has taught us so much during this difficult season of our lives.  One of the greatest lessons I have learned is that my view of God determines my response to my trials.

Knowing my God, not just about him, is what makes the difference in how I respond and conduct myself in the midst of trials.  This doesn’t mean that I always respond with a joyful & thankful heart when yet another trial is laid upon our family.  I still have my days when I just want it all to go away.  But, I am quickly brought back by the gentle leading of the Holy Spirit and reminded that my God is Sovereign and he holds me in His hand.

Another lesson I have learned is that when I experience trials this is really an opportunity to experience my God in a way that I would have otherwise experienced.  What a glorious opportunity!

C.H. Spurgeon wrote:

I write this with all reverence: God Himself cannot deliver a person who is not in trouble.  Therefore, it is to some advantage to be in distress, because God can then deliver you.  Even Jesus Christ, the Healer of me, cannot heal a person who is not sick.  Therefore, sickness is not an adversity for us, but rather an advantageous opportunity for Christ to heal us.  The point is, my reader, your adversity may prove your advantage by offering occasion for the display of divine grace.

Spurgeon on Prayer and Spiritual Warfare

Pray your husband will put his hope in God’s unfailing love ({s 147:11) not the hope of no more trials.

Pray your husband will stand firm against the attacks of the devil (Eph 6:12)

Pray your husband will be obedient in spite of trials (Ps 112:4)

Pray your husband will learn to cry out to God as David did. (Ps 55:16-18)

 

Here is Amy’s thoughts on this chapter.  Praying His Trials

No comments: